The One Concept approach is the method I use to present design concepts to my clients. The One Concept Method choses the strongest out of all concepts and presents it in a way that is thorough and refined.
Get excited – we’re about to embark on the one concept design approach! Unlike most designers (and what I have done in the past), I use this method when working with all my clients.
Simply put, this approach means when you work with me, your first brand proposal will be built from one logo design. Although I may have created countless concepts prior to what you see, the one concept approach allows a designer to thoroughly evaluate each component and refine it into one powerful creation.
Multiple brand options for clients is usually standard – which is why I started there when I opened Be Bold Design Studio.
But here’s what I found with that method:
- Presenting multiple concepts can often lead to confusion and subjectivity. Many times, my clients would take bits and pieces from each concept and try to meld it into one. But each is unique and piecemeal never works. Instead – I do that during the design process, creating one strong element without adding stress to my clients.
- The prevalence of subjective opinion. A handful of options (in anything) forces a choice. When a client has all these concepts to choose from, it’s easy to forget the strategy and brand goals and kick into subjective mode. Now we are picking favorites, rather than solving the problem.
The One Concept Approach I Use to Design Brands
Before I start designing, I learn as much about my client’s business as I can and channel this information into a brand strategy. This guides our work together, like a roadmap for our collaboration. From there, I dig into the design—exploring different directions until I find the right one. Then, I push that as far as I possibly can.
The next step involves narrowing down the different concepts into the one that serves as the strongest solution for your brand.
Your concept presentation includes your new logo, as well as the reasoning behind the design choices, multiple mockups and examples of the elements across print and web. My branding presentations show things into context – not just a black logo on a white page.
I have found the one concept method helps us both to approach your new branding from a holistic, big picture standpoint. I’m able to dig deeper into a client’s brand and present an immersive brand experience for them. It works because of years of experience, hours of research and strategy, and most importantly, a strong foundation of trust between my clients and me.
I’m excited to say – this is another way that I do things differently! And since taking on this new approach, the feedback has been strong:
- “I don’t really have any other feedback, I’m seriously blown away and just speechless! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!”
- “Thank you so much for being so intuitive, patient and passionate about your creative work… it shows through, and I appreciate you. I love everything!”
- “I was feeling very confident after our chat last week and you really delivered.”
- “I’m almost in tears with the vision portion. You get where I’m going, and I really, really appreciate that!”
With such great results for my clients, my only question to those who are considering making a change is, “Are you ready to get started?” You can get started on your project today by emailing me here.